Customs Compliance and Regulations in Mexico
The passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in 1994 dramatically increased trade, especially in the manufacturing industry, between the three NAFTA nations, Mexico, U.S. and Canada. While we all await the future of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), Mexico’s IMMEX program (formally known as the “Maquiladora” program) makes it possible for companies to import most components and raw materials into Mexico from around the world duty-free, which can in turn be exported, also duty-free, for sale to the U.S. and other countries. However, operating under IMMEX requires companies to comply with strict customs and border regulations, such as Type 86 or Section 321, from the Mexican and U.S. governments, including electronic documentation, inventory control via specialized software, and database management for import/export in Mexico.
Streamlining Your Mexican Imports and Exports Business
Managing Mexican imports and exports can be stressful and time consuming. Especially when overseeing and facilitating shipments across international borders, leveraging multi-country and global trade agreements with varying government entities. Our Mexico Import/Export Program and Services can help reduce costs and risks associated with the financial and operational offshore manufacturing by ensuring 100% compliance. We’ll help streamline your process, manage all necessary documentation/permits, and help avoid shipping delays.
At NAPS, we go above and beyond for our clients. Our Mexico Import/Export Services meet and exceed the government requirements. This allows us to maximize the benefits of the trade agreement and avoid shipping delays whether your exporting to Mexico or importing into the U.S. Our program ensures compliance on both side of the borders, which helps avoid unnecessary fees and other taxes. There are many leading industries and manufacturing companies in Mexico that have had success moving their manufacturing to Mexico.
Mexico Trade Compliance & Mexico Import and Export Services
NAPS’ full-service Administration and Compliance Management Program ensures companies adhere to all IMMEX import/export regulations in Mexico, the United States and virtually all other countries around the world. NAPS is responsible for managing all southbound (raw material, components, etc.) and northbound imports from Mexico (finished goods) shipments to and from its client’s Mexico manufacturing facilities. The following are just a few examples of the import / export services provided by NAPS:
- Logistics & Traffic Management (Northbound and Southbound)
- Provide support for daily operations pertaining to customs and traffic
- Coordinate logistics between all parties that are involved with imports/exports to ensure timely delivery
- NAFTA (and other Global Free Trade Agreements) Compliance
- We manage all documents, permits, and reports including but not limited to: commercial invoices, packing list, Mexican pedimentos and certificate of origin
- Utilize PROSEC program to reduce or eliminate tariffs for non-NAFTA materials
- IMMEX Compliance
- Leverage all IMMEX program and permits to avoid delays
- Inventory Control (for customs purposes)
- We assure that all hazardous and non-hazardous materials and products are compliant with both U.S. and Mexican environmental agencies and commerce departments
- Record and Database Management
- Our team will manage the compliance responsibility of being an importer/exporter of record for both customs and Treasury Department needs
- Fixed Asset Management
- Permits and Licenses Management
- Prepare documents and permits for both U.S. and Mexican government that are required for items such as raw materials, machinery, record of origin and others
- Mexico manufacturing sites are often subject to government audits to ensure compliance. NAPS will manage this process, allowing you to focus on core business objectives.
The import / export department at NAPS consists of more than 50 customs professionals to assist the movement of goods and materials throughout Mexico and around the world. Partnering with NAPS for manufacturing in Mexico will allow your company to achieve economic growth, while shifting 100% of the administration and compliance management to us. We remain focused on the compliance and regulation aspects of your imports and exports, so you can focus on the core manufacturing and development of your product.
Contact us today or call us at 866-520-5321 to learn more about NAPS import and export services for Mexico manufacturers.